Saturday, December 29, 2007

A One On One With Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I had the honour to interview the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I tried to get to the heart of the issues but as usually he was very cagey. A charming intelligent man at times with a broad smile his charisma got him elected with 62% of the vote. If you want to visit his Blog then go here:Mahmoud Ahamadinejad memos


OLD KNUDSEN: Sir,you have 3,000 centrifuges in a line producing highly-enriched uranium in secret for more than 15 years.

MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD: Our plan and program is very transparent. We are under the supervision of the agency. Everything is on the table. We have nothing to hide. Who is saying that?

OLD KNUDSEN: Well, Twenty Major, Bock the Robber and even Primal Sneeze . All the Irish Bloggers . It is not transparent, sir.

AHMADINEJAD: Very good. I think that you are not familiar with the structure and the laws and the regulations . The supervisors are supposed to supervise and ask questions and we respond. You will read that there are no signs of diversion on the part of the Iranian people. But the U.S. and a number of other countries are politicizing matters. They don't want us to progress, to develop.Our activities are very peaceful and under the supervision these Irish Bloggers are agents of deceit I will not vote for them in the next Irish Blog awards.

OLD KNUDSEN: For the sake of clarity, because there is so much concern in the world about this next question, please give me the most direct answer you can. Is it your goal to build a nuclear bomb?

AHMADINEJAD: Nuclear bombs were invented by Jews, if I say I don't want to build one then I'm anti-Semitic if I say I want one then I'm a threat, its a catch 22 situation.

OLD KNUDSEN: At the moment, the US and Iran may very well be walking down the road to war. How do you convince President Bush, how do you convince other nations in the West . . . .

AHMADINEJAD: war? I heard nothing of this. Who says that?

OLD KNUDSEN: France said that war might be indicated. How do you convince these Western powers that you are not pursuing a bomb?

AHMADEINEJAD: I haven't read the latest news, though I try to read you whenever I can right after I read Kate Isis' Blog. I have to say. It's wrong to think that Iran and the U.S. are walking towards war. Why should we go to war? And who is afraid of France? We have a logic which we have announced for some time now. We very much oppose the behavior of the U.S. administration. We think it's wrong. And we are saying what we feel, and you are free to say what you feel. And people have a right to choose. Why should we go to war over that? If having said that is a part of a psychological warfare plot. The American people are well familiar with these plots but are too stupid, fat and lazy to react. You shouldn't make the American people afraid needlessly. There's no war in the offing. And also I think that certain American officials do not want friendly relations between the two countries and the citizens of the two countries to visit each other. Last year we requested for a direct flight between the two countries because we want to promote trade, promote cultural activities, and also people-to-people contact. But the American government opposed that. Sure we may imprison the odd Iranian who lives in America and is visiting their old mother but that is just to promote cultural activities.

OLD KNUDSEN: What trait do you admire in President Bush?

AHMADINEJAD: I think that President Bush needs to correct his ways.

OLD KNUDSEN: What do you admire about him?

AHMADEINEJAD: He should respect the American people. Tell me what trait do you admire?


OLD KNUDSEN : Well, Mr. Bush is, a very religious man, as you are. Hes tall and likes small dogs.

AHMADEINEJAD: Is Mr. Bush a religious man?

OLD KNUDSEN: Very much so. As you are.

AHMADEINEJAD: What religion, please tell me, tells you as a follower of that religion to occupy another country and kill its people? Please tell me. Does Christianity tell its followers to do that? Judaism, for that matter? Islam, for that matter? What prophet tells you to send 160,000 troops to another country, kill men, women, and children?

OLD KNUDSEN:So Islam has never invaded countries and killed women and children? and did your prophet not kill and rape and took a 9 year-old bride? and even now do you not stone women and hang homosexuals ?

AHMADEINEJAD:That's different, we have God on our side and we don't get fags in Iran. I think that President Bush can behave much better. There were golden opportunities for President Bush. He should have used them better.

OLD KNUDSEN: I asked President Bush what he would say to you if he were sitting in this chair. And he told me, quote, speaking to you, that you've made terrible choices for your people. You've isolated your nation and you're fugly . What's your reply to the president?

AHMADINEJAD: Well, President Bush is free to think as he pleases and to say what he pleases. I don't oppose the freedom of speech. I believe in freedom of speech as long as it agrees with me. President Bush is free to say what he pleases even though he makes up words. The only thing I would say to the windshield cowboy would be "bite me."

OLD KNUDSEN: Why does your government confiscate your people's satellite dishes? What is it that you don't want your people to see?

AHMADEINEJAD: Well, it's not prohibited like that. This is a law passed by the Iranian parliament. Having said that, the Iranian people are, by and large, using satellite television. I do not want reality shows, Desperate House wives and Oprah to infect my country.

OLD KNUDSEN: Good point confiscate away sir.

OLD KNUDSEN: How did you become a student activist?

AHMADINEJAD: We were witnessing that others would make decisions about our affairs. The interests of our country were under the domination of the foreigners.

OLD KNUDSEN: Some of the former hostages of the American embassy said they remembered you . What's the truth of that?

AHMADINEJAD: When the embassy was occupied by the students, I didn't have a beard. The photo that people say was me had a very long beard. That man was 15 years older than I was and I was in bed at the time my mother can testify to that as she was also there.

OLD KNUDSEN:You were not involved at the embassy?

AHMADINEJAD: I was not there at that day I was off sick , just because we all look the same to you.

OLD KNUDSEN:Was your letter to the American people a public relations exercise to improve your image, or do you really want a dialogue with the United States and start talking with the American government about these issues.

AHMADINEJAD: We separate the account of the American people and the America government. Which is why when we say death to America we only mean the be-heading of the government of the United States. I sent a letter to Mr. Bush. I really wanted him to revise his behaviour. But apparently it didn't have any effect, he photocopied his behind and sent it back to me.

OLD KNUDSEN: In your letter to Americans, you said America is becoming weaker. Is Iran's influence rising in the world?

AHMADINEJAD: Our outlook toward the world affairs is not balance of power, but a humanitarian one. We are not seeking influence or domination. We respect all peoples and all nations. We think we can live in an atmosphere of friendship and brotherhood with all. There is no need for domination or influence. Of course, from the cultural point of view, we defend certain values and principles. Human values, dignity of the people, the fundamental and basic rights of the people, and peace and brotherhood, we love everyone, except the Jews who should be wiped off the face of the earth.

OLD KNUDSEN: You've just held a conference on the Holocaust for which you are being criticized. Whats that about?
AHMADINEJAD: I raised two questions. I said if the Holocaust is a real case, why don't they allow research about it. And the second question was, let's assume that this event actually took place in the past, where did it happen? What is it's connection with the Palestinian people? These are essential questions. Of course we know the Zionists are severely against these types of questions. They become angry. Because for the past 60 years they are killing, and threatening the people of the region. They are continuing their aggression. They established a state for themselves.

OLD KNUDSEN: Did you not see Schindler's List? there has been plenty of research done on it and go visit the death camps, sure I don't don't why they weren't given Germany instead of Israel but suck it up lad its done, besides the Palestinians fire rockets into Israel everyday.

AHMADINEJAD: Everyone knows that the Zionist regime of Israel is a tool in the hands of the United States and British governments.
OLD KNUDSEN: Israel is sometimes the dog that wags the tail I think.

OLD KNUDSEN: There was a peace process that the elected leadership of the Palestinians was negotiating with the leadership of Israel. But Iran opposed it and Iran supported groups like Hamas and Hezbollah and the process failed. Wouldn't it have been better to support the peace process?

AHMADINEJAD: Isn't Hamas elected by the Palestinian people?

OLD KNUDSEN: So you are saying that the Palestinian people are too stupid to be trusted with voting non-terrorists into power.

AHMADINEJAD: Did I say that? if I did then it must be true.

OLD KNUDSEN: Why did you capture British service people earlier this year, was it to show you had power?

AHMADINEJAD: My soldiers mis-took one of them as the American actor Giovani Ribissi, I'm a big fan and they were just trying to cheer me up, an honest mistake.


easy mistake to make I suppose.

OLD KNUDSEN: Some Iranians say you have a divine presidency.

AHMADINEJAD: Do you not believe in God? What do you think the Almighty God is doing? I speak to God daily which is how I know what to do.

OLD KNUDSEN: It has been said that you look like you were born as an alcohol fetal syndrome baby.

AHMADINEJAD: I have no response to that, but I do have an in-grown toe nail.

OLD KNUDSEN: Do you think that people are basically good or evil?

AHMADINEJAD:Even Bush didn’t wake up going, ‘let me do the most evil thing I can do today’, I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was ‘good’. Stuff like that just needs reprogramming.
I wake up every day full of hope, positive that every day is going to be better than yesterday. And I’m looking to infect people with my positivity. I think I can start an epidemic maybe radiation poisoning or that new strain of Ebola who knows?

OLD KNUDSEN: We don't hear too much about your wife how did you meet her?

AHMADINEJAD: I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held her heart in her hands, And ate of it.

OLD KNUDSEN: Thankyou for your time sir you have been most gracious.

No comments: