Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What would John Smeaton do?

Cameron Tyler



Dundee, Scotland, Three men who had their faces covered, burst into 3000 RPM in the Westport in Dundee and held 10-inch blades to Cameron Tyler's face and side before taking his wallet, phone, money and goods from the computer equipment store.

The 23-year-old said he got through it by thinking about what Glasgow Airport hero John Smeaton would have done.

Mr Tyler told OBB news that he was sitting in the back of the store having a smoke and a cup of tea when he heard the door open.

He said: "I saw two men jumping the front desk and one coming round the side of the desk.

"They rushed me into the back of the shop, two held knives to my face, one to my side, they threatened to stab me several times.


"They robbed my pockets, then forced me to open the till, made me help them in getting a bag, they also wanted my mobile phone and wallet, the whole time threatening me at knifepoint they wouldn't even let me finish my fag."



Mr Tyler said his main priority was to survive the ordeal.

"I thought 'What would John Smeaton do?'

"They had a knife at me, they were willing to use it if I wasn't going to co-operate so I did what I had to do."

John Smeaton


John Smeaton hero of the Glasgow airport attack said from his Glasgow penthouse: " If I was there I would have melted the knives with my steely gaze and then kicked all three robbers in the knackers making them choke on their own gonads and then I'd have a smoke break."

Mr Tyler is not afraid of being back at work. "They're going to get caught, so they're not going to be able to do it again.

"For what they got in the end it wasn't really worth it. Stealing cars, robbing shops, armed robbery, it's not worth it, they're just idiots."


No comments: