Monday, October 15, 2007

Rocky The Giant Lobster


A fisherman from Essex caught a 3 foot lobster, he was fishing in the river Crouch at Barling near Southend. It is being kept at the Sealife Adventure in Southend.
Nicknamed by the staff as "Butter feast the lobster." though the fisher who caught it named it "Rocky" It doesn't matter what it looks like, it all comes out the same colour.

It has an eye missing, and there's a small mussel growing in the empty eye socket that looks quite gruesome.

Mr Elbra 54 , a fisherman with 38 years experience, said: "He was a bit of a big one, I was gobsmacked. I would never have believed they got that size."

Old Knudsen a fisher of many years was available to comment as usual :

"I'll tell you what I can't believe, a sea creature of that size and age being found in a fresh water river and caught by a net, I'm not saying they are lying and were fishing off the coast in forbidden waters but I don't believe it, what were they don't anyway with a net in a river poaching salmon? "

No comments: