A deadly brown trouser snake slithered between his legs and bit the end of his penis.
Details of the incident only came to light yesterday after they were confirmed by a paramedic.
"It certainly had a swipe at him," an ambulance spokesman said yesterday.
"But it didn’t envenomate him but it must have got a bit of a shock."
The snake beat a hasty retreat, leaving its victim with a scratch, vomiting and abdomen pain, he asked his buddy to suck out the poison he thought he had been injected with but his friendship wasn't that close.
Emergency workers raced to the scene to treat the man.
The wound was wrapped in plastic in case poison had penetrated the skin but medical staff gave the man the all-clear after conducting tests.
The ambulance spokesman described him as "lucky", given his near encounter with one of Australia’s most poisonous snakes.
"I think he was a bit shocked and embarrassed," he said.
He was later reported as saying to the Doctor "Have you got something that will get rid of the pain, but keep the swelling?"